From the woman who “took care of her younger siblings after her mother passed away” to her siblings:
Dear sisters,
I don’t know whether you can receive this letter. And even if you can, I don’t know when it will be. But I’ll always write to you, until the bright day comes when you can join us. I cannot describe my grief these days. From the moment we said goodbye—when I didn’t know what to say but to bury myself in tears and regret, it’s only been two days but it feels like two decades. I feel shame on myself for betraying my promise to our mother, my promise to take care of you forever. I want to slap myself for being selfish on entering a brand new life and evil on leaving you behind in that inhuman dark little place. I apologize for everything. Now I could hardly tell my feelings towards this country, a place once symbolizing dreams and future. I like it for its possibilities, but I hate it for its dehumanized policies. I tried all means to prove my being your guardian, but all these worth nothing in front of the fact that we don’t have a cold legal document. You should also feel the same, right? Sisters, I want to tell you that life for me and my daughter is getting better, but it will never be complete without you. I wish you can stay cheered up because dawn always comes after darkness. I’m now hurrying around everyday trying to find out a way applying for a legal guardian document. It’s a huge amount of work, but I promise, I will do it with all my efforts. I wish I could to write more but now I really have to go to the US immigration office. I promise I’ll write to you about everything new here in the coming days, and I will always wait for you to come.
Take care.
With all my love,
Your sister
I don’t know whether you can receive this letter. And even if you can, I don’t know when it will be. But I’ll always write to you, until the bright day comes when you can join us. I cannot describe my grief these days. From the moment we said goodbye—when I didn’t know what to say but to bury myself in tears and regret, it’s only been two days but it feels like two decades. I feel shame on myself for betraying my promise to our mother, my promise to take care of you forever. I want to slap myself for being selfish on entering a brand new life and evil on leaving you behind in that inhuman dark little place. I apologize for everything. Now I could hardly tell my feelings towards this country, a place once symbolizing dreams and future. I like it for its possibilities, but I hate it for its dehumanized policies. I tried all means to prove my being your guardian, but all these worth nothing in front of the fact that we don’t have a cold legal document. You should also feel the same, right? Sisters, I want to tell you that life for me and my daughter is getting better, but it will never be complete without you. I wish you can stay cheered up because dawn always comes after darkness. I’m now hurrying around everyday trying to find out a way applying for a legal guardian document. It’s a huge amount of work, but I promise, I will do it with all my efforts. I wish I could to write more but now I really have to go to the US immigration office. I promise I’ll write to you about everything new here in the coming days, and I will always wait for you to come.
Take care.
With all my love,
Your sister
Comments
Post a Comment