I… sincerely doubt if we should still remain silent to stereotypes and challenges when I am double and triple checked at the airport, when I am stared on the street or in a university classroom. I don’t know why don’t they do this to a white woman with a huge backpack, an Asian girl wearing an exaggerated cap, or a Latino who dresses up like a hippy… After all, hijab makes them aware and vigilant.

Oh, you know what? Someone uses the American flag to make his hijab to show her patriotism. Sounds fun, but, a hijab is a hijab. I personally feel strange, but not proud, for this. I personally don’t think that people will change their stereotypes because of this.


Seems like I should hide my hijab to be fairly treated, or, hopefully, our community may stand up and tell the world that we are not what they think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muslim Arab American to Professor of American Identities at Emory University

Open letter to the Mexican Immigrant

A letter to American Feminists