Letter to Kevin Kwan, the author of Crazy Rich Asian

Hi Kevin Kwan,

I am so happy that I have a chance to write a letter to you. Please let me express how much I love you first. I am definitely one of your huge fans!! I have read the other two books you wrote. They are equally fantastic.

I watched the movie version of Crazy Rich Asian again last week during the class. The struggles Rachel Chu have as an Asian American stuck me again. As always, I can somehow resonate with her because I’ve been living in both continents and experiencing cultural shocks too. I know there are little things I can do, but I hope I can encourage all the Asian Americans to embrace their identity and brave to be who they actually are.

It’s good to write a letter to you. Hope I can see you in person someday in the future.

Your fan girl,
Erica

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muslim Arab American to Professor of American Identities at Emory University

Open letter to the Mexican Immigrant

A letter to American Feminists