Letter to My Son

Dear Augustus,

After talking with your mother, I have decided to send you to America to improve the living conditions for yourself and the family. I know it is not easy to travel across the border and to be away from the family, but I would like to remind you that it is a man's duty to be courageous and responsible for the well-being of the family. Life in America shouldn't be drastically different from life in Mexico, but do be aware of the possible danger ahead. Now you are a man, so your mother and I are trying to arrange a marriage for you. And, we should discuss that matter in the near future.

Safe Travels,
Dad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muslim Arab American to Professor of American Identities at Emory University

Open letter to the Mexican Immigrant

A letter to American Feminists