President Trump, 

Whether you like it or not, you are human. You have a wife, children, and money—more than most, might I add—like many of the immigrants you so enjoy heckling. Your myopia has caged you in one narrative regarding immigration: that of the political world, and your obstinance has cost you support, morality, and individual humaneness. I encourage you to have a conversation with one of these alleged “criminals and rapists” and to try to understand their struggles. You have the privilege of living with your wife. Many of them can not. You have the privilege of seeing your children as often as you’d like. Many of them have not contacted them in months. Your abundance of money has corrupted your view of the world, and though they must live like skinflints, they have more kindness and knowledge of the world in their blistered, callused hands than you do in your rotund body. 

Sincerely (I meant every word I said),
Professor Ana Raquel Minian

P.S. I grew up in Mexico City. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muslim Arab American to Professor of American Identities at Emory University

Open letter to the Mexican Immigrant

A letter to American Feminists